HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR DOG HAS INTERVERTEBRAL DISK DISEASE (IVDD)?
Intervertebral Disc Disease can happen at any point in a dogs life. Often times, the condition can be referred to as a slipped disc, ruptured disc, or bulging disc. IVDD is a long term condition which needs to be managed with care. One of the first critical steps is diagnosing the symptoms of IVDD as soon as possible. Recognizing these key symptoms, will allow for faster treatment and the prevention of irreversible damage.
How to tell if your dog has IVDD:
- If your dog is in a hunched position. This position helps to alleviate the pain and is one of the tell tale signs of IVDD.
- Changes in behavior: Loss of Appetite, and showing symptoms of anxiety
- If you notice your dog shaking or trembling
- Dragging legs while walking or lameness in legs
- Loss of Bladder Control & Bowel Movement
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.